Just Once More | Teen Ink

Just Once More

By romance_lover GOLD, Edmonton, Other
romance_lover GOLD, Edmonton, Other

My life slipped farther and farther as the needle pierced my skin, my thoughts flew higher and higher as the remedy settled in, my conscience left waiting impatiently at the door, yelling to me 'get a grip' when my mind tells me just once more. Ill stop tomorrow I promise, I swear. Just one more night me and the drug I think i might be in love. I'm stuck in this haze. I'm gone , my future is running away, running from this mess Ive created of my life left me here to suffer what Ive begun, to face the monster that I am.

I was inspired by Josh Ramsay. I know it sounds silly, hes a celebrity and all, but not only that, he was a heroin addict. I did some research about the affects of heroin and, this is what I got. Its a scary place to be, and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

CallMeAria PLATINUM, Vancouver, Other

EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON :)

I am such a huge fan of Josh Ramsay, and I'm actually currently working on a fanfic of his time in rehab :D I think he's super inspiring and so is his story. I also think you managed to capture the rush of feelings and emotions of that hit, and the way that Josh convinced himself he would stop tomorrow, but, never really could until his parents pushed him. The last line "face the monster that I am" was really acurate too, because Ramsay himself even says that he was "half the man [he] wanted to be" GREATJOB *bonus points for it having something to do with Josh Ramsay*

romance_lover GOLD, Edmonton, Other
I Loved It (: Your Quite The Talented Writer ! Keep It Up .

romance_lover GOLD, Edmonton, Other
no worries . im not much of a romance writer i guess .. thanks for the criticizm . i think its made me a better writer .

Dragonscribe BRONZE, West Lafayette, Indiana

"A Person's a Person no Matter how Small"
and
"A Rose by Any Other Name Would Smell as Sweet"
and
"God helps those who help themselves"

I like it - even though it is scary! It's so sad when people die of drug abuse, especially celebrities because so many people follow their example. 

And yes, I am the same person who criticized your romance piece. Sorry, it was my true opinion, but I could have been more constructive with that criticism. I apologize for that, and really like this piece.

Please check out my work!

CardinalRunner BRONZE, Holland, Michigan

Ooo first comment! :)

I like it! Its kinda scary yet exciting to read. Nice! Read some of mine? "One year Anniversary" is good