Angel of Mercy | Teen Ink

Angel of Mercy

November 17, 2009
By joshua buce SILVER, Mobile, Alabama
joshua buce SILVER, Mobile, Alabama
5 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Floating in the rain, an entity of mystery as you’ve curled up to hide yourself from the world, beautiful, captivating in your silence, with the rain pouring down around you, you begin to unfold, slowly, gracefully, you reveal yourself to the world as your majestic wings spread, massive and white with feathers of the purest shade, and yet tattered and dirty from your obvious hardships, your arms, moving spreading down and out, hands open with palms up, your legs strait now, yet still kept slightly bent. Your head lifts, slowly, as you begin an even slower ascent through the rain which still pours down intensely around you, slowly your head moves slightly past upright so that your face catches the rain, and in an instant, your wings ignite, engulfed in an orange flame as intense as the sun. The flames show more truth; they show more of what you really are. Your skin is pale and grey, as dim and dark as the world around you, and you are seen now for what you are, you are an angel of mercy, in a dark unforgiving world. You lower yourself, coming closer, now merely a few feet above the ground. You move your wings to surround me, to cover me, to protect me, and I am safe and warm and dry, under cover of your caring wings. And I, merely a weary traveler am forced to bow before you.. my love, my angel of mercy.

The author's comments:
i wrote this about an image that appeared in my head.. and i can't draw or anything, so i just put it in words instead. well.. tried to at least.