Angel of Mercy | Teen Ink

Angel of Mercy

By joshua buce SILVER, Mobile, Alabama
joshua buce SILVER, Mobile, Alabama

Floating in the rain, an entity of mystery as you’ve curled up to hide yourself from the world, beautiful, captivating in your silence, with the rain pouring down around you, you begin to unfold, slowly, gracefully, you reveal yourself to the world as your majestic wings spread, massive and white with feathers of the purest shade, and yet tattered and dirty from your obvious hardships, your arms, moving spreading down and out, hands open with palms up, your legs strait now, yet still kept slightly bent. Your head lifts, slowly, as you begin an even slower ascent through the rain which still pours down intensely around you, slowly your head moves slightly past upright so that your face catches the rain, and in an instant, your wings ignite, engulfed in an orange flame as intense as the sun. The flames show more truth; they show more of what you really are. Your skin is pale and grey, as dim and dark as the world around you, and you are seen now for what you are, you are an angel of mercy, in a dark unforgiving world. You lower yourself, coming closer, now merely a few feet above the ground. You move your wings to surround me, to cover me, to protect me, and I am safe and warm and dry, under cover of your caring wings. And I, merely a weary traveler am forced to bow before you.. my love, my angel of mercy.

i wrote this about an image that appeared in my head.. and i can't draw or anything, so i just put it in words instead. well.. tried to at least.

carolinesell PLATINUM, Cedar Falls, Iowa
just wanted to say that this piece is amazingly good...

it sounds so perfect and then the flames come...and then we realize that the angel is not evil, it is protection and hope.

great poem! :)

comment on some of my work?

Jackque BRONZE said...
Jackque BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
Yeah, yeah I get that exactly. That's a perfect explanation.

joshua buce SILVER, Mobile, Alabama
the way someone see's a poem, i believe, is a perception almost of their own past. they pick out the things that they see and they see them because its what they've experienced, if you get that.

Jackque BRONZE said...
Jackque BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
I know what you mean. When I'm writing i'm thinking about something specific and not at all what other people will think when they read it or how they will interpret what I say. But, everyone brings something new.

joshua buce SILVER, Mobile, Alabama
lol, idk.. i just never noticed the things you're pointing out until you pointed them out. i never really thought about them when i was writing it.

Jackque BRONZE said...
Jackque BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
Ha ha. Is that good or bad...?

joshua buce SILVER, Mobile, Alabama
its funny, youre pointing things out to me i didnt even notice about it till you pointed it out XD. i just wrote it, i never really.. looked at it closely.

Jackque BRONZE said...
Jackque BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
Yeah yeah, I like that aspect, keeps things interesting.

joshua buce SILVER, Mobile, Alabama
i know! it like starts out innocent, but the flames give it a sort of not so innocent side, like its not what it really seems at first.

Jackque BRONZE said...
Jackque BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
It was beautiful, like a perfect mixture of light and darkness the flames really give it another sense, almost lessen the innocence that this angel starts with.

joshua buce SILVER, Mobile, Alabama
well, thats what i was going for lol. so im glad you could :). what do you think of what you saw?

Jackque BRONZE said...
Jackque BRONZE, Sandy, Utah
Wow I really like this one. I could really imagine what you saw.