It's Simply Love | Teen Ink

It's Simply Love

By The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas

~*The mind has but a thousand eyes, and the heart is left with one...Yet the light of a whole life dies the moment love is done.*~

I love you. That’s it…Plain and simple.

No pretty pictures…No frilly hearts…I love you. Why isn’t that enough? I just can’t help it! You break my heart, over and over, and each time you do I tell myself, “That’s it! No more! I hate him!”

But I’m too vulnerable…I don’t want it to hurt this much. But your smile…That breath-taking smile of yours…It just hypnotizes me.

I forget about my feelings and thoughts. I can laugh. I can talk. And sometimes, I can even play. I can do anything when I’m with you! It just makes me feel free, like I can fly. Crazy, right? I know…

I’d do anything for you. I mean, if I had to choose between having you in my life and breathing, I would use my last breath to say, “I love you.”

I just wish you’d like me for who I am. I’ll admit, I’m not like other girls. They’re pretty. I’m not. They are as graceful as it gets, I’m a total klutz. They fit in anywhere and everywhere. I don’t fit in at all. I am proud of it in some ways, I won’t lie about that. But I just get so tired of being everyone’s last choice. I don’t get it! Why isn’t ‘different’ ever the same as ‘beautiful’?

I hate being this lovesick! I’ve got it bad…Really bad! It’s worse than a migraine. Think about it: Headaches of any kind go away eventually…But broken hearts never do. They do heal, yes. But they never really leave. You’ve got one heart. When it’s broken, it stays there forever. There is no cure for it. Only time, and pain.

The worst part about love is that ever song I hear reminds me of you. Even the funny ones! The only difference with the funny songs is that they cause happy thoughts about the time we spent together. Most songs only cause loneliness. I’ve gotten to the point where I’m ready to shoot the radio every time it plays a love song! I’m so sick of hearing about love gone right…We all know that doesn’t happen in real life…

I'm in love with this guy, but he doesn't really care. That make any sense?