The Music Thrums | Teen Ink

The Music Thrums

January 5, 2010
By _TruStr_ PLATINUM, Muskegon, Michigan
_TruStr_ PLATINUM, Muskegon, Michigan
26 articles 7 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt- Mark twain


The girl who disappears into the music appears and listens to the rage.

Accepts her life and doesn’t change what she has no control over.

Her eyes are dark brown, or light green, or sea blue, but all more importantly, they have emotion behind them.

The girl watches her home crumble and can’t help but smile because sometimes life is funny.

Lights flash, however a police cruiser isn’t there to intervene in her troubles.

Just another human being who sees it fit to make her believe.

The girl loses hope and stoops so low to rob, beg, and steal.

But how low is it when she wants to give back to those who shouldn’t?

The girl doesn’t know the answer, but she thinks, “why not?”

The girl comes back to the place she promises to one day never return, sits and digests the day’s events, each detrimental thing blowing her limbs to pieces.

And there she silently rolls away…

Back to the place she disappears to at night…

A pair of headphones on her beautiful head, sounds soothing her broken skull, and music capturing her brain through her ears until tomorrow.

The author's comments:
Was listening to One Republic's All the Right Moves and it inspired this piece.