The Secret of Love | Teen Ink

The Secret of Love

By mmfdg623 GOLD, Lyndhurst, New Jersey
mmfdg623 GOLD, Lyndhurst, New Jersey

Far away in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.
Louisa May Alcott

Sometimes I wonder why falling in love alternates between hurting like hell and feeling like you’re walking on air. When he smiles at you, you feel like you’re flying, but when you’re sitting around the house thinking about him and wondering if you’ll ever be together, you feel like you’re going to cry. Why is it like this? Love is supposed to be a great thing, and yet it could hurt worse than getting punched in the stomach. Shouldn’t this one thing be completely pure and simple? Shouldn’t love be the one thing that never hurts? Shouldn’t it be the one thing that always works out?
Or is it love that teaches you more than anything else ever will? Is it love that makes you gain all the experience that you’re too afraid to gain otherwise? Is it love that makes you do things that you’d never think of otherwise? Does love build you up so that you can do anything, or is it the thing that crushes you until you can’t do anything else?

hotpink13 SILVER, Springboro, Ohio

there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.(:

im going through this right now