An array of colors. | Teen Ink

An array of colors.

May 4, 2010
By Patience97 PLATINUM, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
Patience97 PLATINUM, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
27 articles 8 photos 135 comments

Favorite Quote:
"People believe that if we really want to eliminate something, focus on that. How much sense does it make for us to give the particular problem all of the energy, as opposed to focusing on trust, love, living in abundance, education, or peace? -Un.


I feel like a kelidoscope, like you can look right at me, but you'd only see through me.
You never really get the full picture.
I am a mish-mosh of colors, which have been spewn throughout the lines, like a first grader would do.
You could call it garbage, but their's a reason for it.
After you look hard enough, you could pick out different designs within the picture I've created.

I'm abstract, and like most things, I run on cause and effect.
I could be whatever I want to be, but for some reason, I do not choose what I want to be.
Society has made me the way I am.
I am a mosaic, with little tiles inside of me that make up the big puzzle.
The only question is, can you solve it -- or do I have too many pieces?


The author's comments:
My art teacher is one who inspired me to make the connection between the way we feel and the art we create. She talked about how she liked to see kids expressing themselves through art, but aside from art, I can see many other things that would allow you to do this. In our world today people are more focused on what others think of them, and they do not even take the time to persue their dreams or set some goals.