Listen | Teen Ink

Listen

By MayaJun3 SILVER, Lunenburg, Massachusetts
MayaJun3 SILVER, Lunenburg, Massachusetts

You're never fully dressed without a smile.

I have the feelings. I know exactly what I want to say. But this blank sheet of paper isn't geting written on. And the lines are laughing in my face.

It seems that there are so many things I'd like to say. Things I've held in. Words jumbling around in my mind; moving so fast I can't keep track. Can't find and can't use this pen to let them be heard.

Can't you see how lost I am. How alone I am. Words can't find an output so they never leave. Pushing and pulling. HELP ME. But no one looks up.

Because my mind is the least of their worries. Their troubles. And if no one WANTS to listen, then whats the point of being heard.

I want to be happy. I really do. But every time I think of reasons I'm happy, my mind puts a bad one in its place.

I know you're here for me. I KNOW. But you're never an option. Sometimes the person who cares about you most is the person with the greatest expectations. Expectations I can't achieve.

Trying to reach. Trying to grasp. But then falling and eventually not getting up. You know that someday I won't be able to get up. Won't rise after the fall.

But people only think about things they want to. And sometimes being ignorant hurts less than the truth.

So I sit here. Plotting the time I can stand up and scream LISTEN...And actually be heard. Because I know your ears would rather be filled with sweeter voices than mine, but that doesn't mean I don't deserve your time.

And people are made with voices for a reason. Not for mindless chatter to fill up empty space. But for explaining and understanding.

Psh. Understanding? Not me, cause whenever I try to let it out, you stop me in my tracks. And saying I don't even know what pain is? Doesn't help in the least.

But I guess no one wants to know about others problems when you have some of your own.

You know what though? Thanks a lot. Cause being oblivious isn't a crime and you would probably help if. You. Just. Knew.

I have the feelings and I know exactly what I want to say...If only I would get up the courage. And tell you.

This is the most personal thing I've written. So I hope you like it!

InPurpleInk BRONZE, SomewhereOverTheRainbow, Other

"You are a lover of words; someday you will write a book." ~Chinese fortune

Wow- that's awesome.  Very emotional.  I love the line "And people are made with voices for a reason...."

shapeshifter56 GOLD, Cave Creek, Arizona

"Instead of waiting for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain."
--Unknown Author

Wow. This is beautiful. It's very relatable, but very personal by the same token. I know what it's like to feel unheard, but keep using your voice, and eventually people will get the message. Keep writing! Your work is great!