Summer's True Identity | Teen Ink

Summer's True Identity

By Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri
Odessa_Sterling00 DIAMOND, No, Missouri

All gave some, some gave all. -War Veterans headstone.

Summer has a way of seeming so great. Partly because you think it’s going to last forever, but really it’s only about three and half months. It’s sunny days seem so enticing after the cold winter and rainy spring, but the unforgiving heat makes it hard to enjoy the sun. It’s a big trick, a fool’s dream. Summer will take a break some days, give us some rain or a nicely temperature-d day, to led us on, keep us in it’s trap. When you drive down the street on a hot day and your air conditioner is acting funny, not keeping the heat out good enough, you see the puddles of water on the road, but they disappear before you car can splash through them. That’s one of summer’s magic trick. Unfortunately, your eyes are in on the gig, helping out summer surprise you. Summer is cunning, mean even. It likes to see burnt red, sweaty, people, moaning and groaning about, wishing for rain. Summer hates pools. Hates them with no passion. Summer helps pool achieve victory. The hotter summer burns, the more people the pool can draw in. Pool’s have always been summer’s enemy, and until summer can find a way to defeat those dastardly pools, they will always be burnt red, sweaty, people’s summer time havens. Summer is one of those pretty adds on TV, but ends up being a waste of money. It’s a fake hundred dollar bill. Your excited to have it and use it, but you get in trouble with the law with having counterfeit money. Summer has no conscious, rolled it up into a ball and threw onto the sun. Sun is like an animal, summer it’s master. Summer will keep at it’s evil tricks till the end of time. Sun will help it, your eyes will too. Pool’s everywhere will try to help, but they can’t solve and unsolvable problem. No one can.

It was really hot toady, so it came to me naturally.