I Remember... | Teen Ink

I Remember...

By Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York
Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

"Worries are like weights and weights keep you down, so let go of your worries and fly,"

I remember
the long talks we had,
and even how meaningless they were.
How much we laughed during them.

I can’t help laughing as I remember our words.
But I also can’t help crying,
as I think how much I miss them.
I remember when we used to sing along to our favorite songs together.
when you’d embarrass me in front of my friends.
when you’d called my shoes “sneaks” .
when you’d smile.

You will never know how special you were,
and still are,
to me.

I remember when you took me out into the waves at the beach
and how you told me not to be afraid,
and I wasn’t.

You have taught me so much,
and have inspired me in a such a huge way.
I will miss you forever.

I love you
Mom,
oodles and gaboodles.

I wrote this poem for my mom who passed away the summer of 2010. I Miss her and love her very much.

SElahi BRONZE said...
SElahi BRONZE, Burr Ridge, Illinois

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Very heartfealt. I could really feel the emotion, and I wouldn't change anything--it was that good. Keep up the good work, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

Thanks. This was actually the dirt poem I tried to do without rhyming that much. Thank you for the comment. :)

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

Thanks very much

Itsbeenalongday SILVER, Hendersonville, North Carolina

The Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time!

Hey Tink, This is a beautiful poem the emotion is so strong and I am very sorry for the death of your Mother!

You dont seem to do allot of ryhming in your poetry but it still was a nice poem!

When I read your author's note and then read your poem which overflowed with emotion I couldn't help think of my mom and how much it would hurt to loose her...Tink I'm sorry for your lose, I know nothing I say will make you stop hurting any less. So moving on, I love the pic you choose and your words flowed together effortlessly.  You had no grammatical errors. During the entire poem I could feel so much emotions that it brought tears to my eyes. Great work, Tink. 

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

I'm sorry for your mother. But believe me when I say she's in a better place, really... :)

Zinaidia SILVER, Moreno Valley, California

\\\"Whatever you are, be a good one.\\\"

Wow....this was amazingly sweet. You have so much talent, and I could feel the emotion in this poem. VERY good job, bravo. 

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

thanks. and im glad you liked it.

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

thank you both of you. and thank you for your prayers and condolences.

awayra BRONZE said...
awayra BRONZE, Bucharest, Alabama
1 article 1 photo 24 comments

"i am a woman who enjoys herself very much: sometimes i win, sometimes i loose."

so it is true when they say one becomes a real poet only after feeling the bitterness of a tragedy... please take my condolences, I'm very sorry for your suffering but just think it will make you stronger! keep going!

this is so sad! my prayers are with you and your family :)

Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Awww. I want to give you a virtual hug! You really put emotion into this. I'm sure your mother is proud of you for writing this. It's perfect the way it is, like CarrieAnn13. I love the image you portrayed. It's amazing! :)

Tink1350 BRONZE, Medford, New York

Thanks. I had tears in my eyes when i wrote it too. Thhanks for reading my poem. ;)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Aw, this is so sad.  I know nothing will bring your mother back, but you have my condolences.  I have absolutely no criticism for this poem.  The grammar is excellent and you wrote so emotionally I had tears in my eyes.  Good job, Tink1350!