I wish you were here | Teen Ink

I wish you were here

By Janinexo BRONZE, Broomall, Pennsylvania
Janinexo BRONZE, Broomall, Pennsylvania

"Everything happens for a reason, even if you don't agree with the reason things happen and life moves on."

Honestly, I never really learned how to live without you. I hide my pain and my misery because I don’t want you to know that when you left, you took the best of me with you. I know that it may appear that your cruelty didn’t get to me but truthfully…it ruined me. Being happy was always being with you and now that there’s no you, there’s no happiness. All I can feel is this emptiness in heart. A part of me is always going to be missing and I’ll never be able to get it back. I keep telling myself that I’ll get past this and look back one day and realize how strong this made me but, when I look to the future all I see is your bright green eyes and your gorgeous smile that makes me melt. You lied to me, hurt me and left me but in my heart, I know that we’re meant to be. But, is that happiness really worth all the pain suffering you put me through every time you change your mind? All I know is that when your away, I wish you were here. That has to mean something.