Long After | Teen Ink

Long After

By WeeksElizabeth2014 SILVER, Potosi, Missouri
WeeksElizabeth2014 SILVER, Potosi, Missouri

Friendship is like peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

Long after I am gone,
I want to be remembered not
for my name, but for the things that I have done. Not for myself no.
I want to be remembered for the helped I gave to others, Long after I am gone.

Long after I have gone,
I want you to always know,
I will love you though you can not see me, I will stand with you even when you do not feel me, I will be there holding on even when you feel so alone. Long after I have gone.

Long after my life ends,
I want you to know I will always be your friend, that no matter what I will always believe you can most anything, that giving up is never an option, that I can still listen and be a friend.
Long after my life ends.

Long after I have gone,
I want to know that I did right my wrongs. I want to feel the happiness all says is there, Long after I have gone I want to be remembered with happy songs.
Do not remorse or hurt, it will all be alright. You will be able to move on.
Long after I am gone.

I wanted to write something that is emotionally connected to myself, So I figured this would work (: I hope you all like it!

Lexie96 GOLD said...
Lexie96 GOLD, Havana, Illinois

Now Cinderella don't you go to sleep, it's such a bitter form of refuge, oh don't you know the kingdom's under siege, and everbody needs you. - The Killers

I did like it. I liked the message, and in a way it's very similar to my own ideas about my departure. It just seems like there are so many people who are famous and remembered and shouldn't be, but the ones who deserve rembrance are lost to memory. I really hope you can find the time to check out some of my work, because yours is really good and I would like to hear your feedback.