Titanic | Teen Ink

Titanic

March 19, 2012
By zman1 PLATINUM, Bethesda, Maryland
zman1 PLATINUM, Bethesda, Maryland
45 articles 0 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.


“Iceberg,” a voice shrieks as my blood freezes like it’s submerged in ice.

“It’s nothing,” I assure myself. “This ship is unsinkable.”

The silent night erupts in an thundering orchestra divided into sections of paranoia, chaos, and fear. Ice cold water rises to my feet as the orchestra thunders.

“Women and children first to the life boats,” cries a sailor.

“Oh god,” I scream I wade knee-deep in the water.

The minutes slip by like hours and no help is in the distance.

I take a plunge into the water and grab for a lifeboat.

I’m pulled out of the freezing water like a fish being jerked on a pole.

As I shiver, the Titanic, tilts back and forth. I still hear screams of terror. The ship of dreams is now a nightmare with it’s battered hull, and shattered windows. Submerged by the dark water, the ship is dragged to the depths of the ocean.

The Titanic is nevermore.