Natalie | Teen Ink

Natalie

By peanutbutter2998 ELITE, Greenville, New York
peanutbutter2998 ELITE, Greenville, New York

"You are your own person. Nobody can change that. If they do change you, You are no longer yourself. They cannot make you better or smarter or better looking. They can only make you worse."-Natalie (myself)

Jarrett:
You are a poem from beginning to end.
Poems are among the most beautiful things.
They're beautiful memories that the brain produce,
that make you happier then anything in the world.
Just like you do to me.
You give me a feeling no word can create.
You & I are together,
boyfriend and girlfriend.
Beyond that we are sacred lovers.
Ones who are always separate,
but with a love that burns so deep,
not even an ocean of tears can extinguish it.
Me:
Your a beautiful poet,
you speak beautiful words.
Poetry is like a language between just the two of us.
All these words,
they feel so unreal upon my lips.
My ears,
are not used to hearing such glamorous things.
I just let your voice seep into my skin,
and slowly wrap around my heart.
Jarrett:
I love you Natalie, nothing can change that. Do you trust me?
Me: I love you too Jarrett. I trust you, and I believe you. I want nothing to change these feelings, no person, nothing. Nothing can block this feeling. This path of acceptance is so clear, just so unfortunately distant.
Jarrett:
We will aways be together, I may have a dark past, but every step up in this relationship I will take your hand and guide you.
Me:
I give you my hand. I trust you to never let me go. You have my heart in one hand, and my world in the other. Although we may have some challenges before us, I believe if we stay strong, together we can get through anything. Since you have stepped up and walked away from your old ways, I will gladly walk with you always, no matter how you are and what you do.
Jarrett:
Words spoken from an angel, but now she needs to sleep, for sleep awakens dreams and I will see you my princess. I love you.

This isn't exactly a poem, but this is a conversation my ex boyfriend & I had in October, and I just thought it sounded so fowy and adorable that I would put it up here:) enjoy!