The Apple and the Tree | Teen Ink

The Apple and the Tree

By StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina
StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

Where clouds break to let in day
Is where the fighters' children play
Where fog lifts to show blue skies
Is where the runners' children lie

Where hope is stronger than it seems
Is where the starstrucks' children gleam
Where faith is true and love is real
Is where the brokens' children heal

When who they are begins to fade
The children move into the shade
When what they've done is dulled by birth
The children cling to tired earth

The apple falls so far away
When sunsets fail to end a day
From whence you came is not your home
The lonelys' children aren't alone

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Welx! :D :P

Thanks! :-)

- Maya Angelou

Love the theme...the piece has great feeling..I like the way you say that "From whence you came is not your home" and the way all the stanzas lead up to the last one...the poem is full of meaning.

Thanks so much! I'm glad you got all that from it. 

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Wow. I liked how you convey an uplifting message through this, that those who seem happy fought to get that way and that even though your life or your home isn't what you want it to be it can make you stronger if you try;) love this!!