Home Is | Teen Ink

Home Is

By StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina
StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

home is the place where you don’t advert your eyes

it’s where no matter how lost you are,
you don’t have to worry about getting back

it’s where you can look at the sky to see if it’s going to rain
and not mind that you forgot an umbrella

it’s where when people smile,
their mouths don’t always move

home is the place where the air smells right

Rolledthestone SILVER, Nowhere, Other

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye." (Matthew 7:5) and "All the poeple who supported slavery were free, all the people who support abortion live..."

Last line was perfect. I always notice the smells of other ppls houses but not mine becuz I'm so used to it.

Thank you! I'm glad you like it :)

nmk1128 SILVER said...
nmk1128 SILVER, Fort Myers, Florida

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

I really like the last line the best it's so silly and simple, but it's profoundly true haha

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

You're welcome!

I didn't even notice that. :O. Thanks for pointing it out. :) Haha and I'm glad you liked the last line; it was actually the only idea I had for this poem for quite some time. 

- Maya Angelou

It is a beautiful poem, though I think in the second line you meant to say "avert" not advert....just a typo I think ...Oh and LOVE the last line...beautiful... :)))))

By now you must be annoyed by my hundreds of “thank you”’s haha. But I will say it again: This means a ton! I was so worried this would be too random for people, so it is such a relief that you were able to relate. :)

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Oh my gosh. I have CHILLS right now, I relate to this soooo much, on a level you don't even know. Thank you so much for putting this into words what I feel, lol, you are amazingly talented.