The Book Lying before Me | Teen Ink

The Book Lying before Me

By Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other
Dynamo DIAMOND, Lahore, Other

I used to think falling in love would be personal. But it's all a big public show.

The book lying before me
A voluminous tome of history
Of men alive and men vilified
Of love and loss, care and misery
A boring book, you might say
One that brings no joys to day
One that stifles search and quest
One that hinders; a boring pest
But nay, my comrade dear
Read your future spread before you
If men alive are dead today
Thus will it go your way
Take heed while you yet have time
For history repeats its order fine
I gaze and think, (wonder) goodness me!
That book lying before me!

A soliloquy meant to be a colloquy...

Note: The image is random:P

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Such a lesson! I love it when a piece of writing has a special moral to it... Also, I must say..you are really good with free style. My fav lines were "Take heer while you yet have time, For history repeats its order fine." The first of the two reminded me of my poem "No Time"... I really have run out of words, but once again, let me tell you I had to consult the dictionary twice :P

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

WOW! Very interesting. I really liked it. I love how you incorporated the rhyme scheme; sometimes rhyme makes things sound childish. However, you did a great job! I love your language, also.