I Am Mute | Teen Ink

I Am Mute

By MissInvisible26 BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma
MissInvisible26 BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma

Caught in the inbetween of beautiful disaster

She sits in a corner as the room spins around her. Dazed and confused, she tries to stand, but she keeps falling. Every fall is longer than the last. Tears fall faster. Screams are louder. She feels trapped, she has been put into a glass box with a mask over her face. The pain inside numbs her, and her heart breaks with every breath. It wasn't supposed to end this way. It wasn't supposed to start this way. She was pushed over the edge of sanity with every, “Do this,” “Do that,” “I need this,” “Get this,” “Eat that,” “Wear this,” “Talk like this,” “Walk like that.” She couldn't take it anymore. She always replied with, “Yes ma’am,” or “Yes sir.” She couldn't be herself. If she did, she would have the one thing her parents hated, the one thing her friends wouldn't expect from her: Imperfections.
If it was up to her decision, she wouldn't be working in a club, spending thousands of dollars on clothes. She wouldn't spend four hours getting ready in the morning, and eating healthy meals every day. She would sleep in until one, eat pizza for breakfast, wear sweats all the time, not waster money on her fancy car or her gym membership. She could be herself.
Does anyone know her secrets, her dreams, and her real self? No. They wouldn't be able to handle it. She once tried to leave the house with no make-up on and her mother saw her. What happened next she never expected. Her mother slapped her. Her own mother hit her and called her the ugliest piece of crap she has ever seen. She still flinches when she thinks about that day.
After that she made her four hour routine. She hates being the “perfect” girl. The girl who seems to be happy and love life. Inside all she wants to do is go in the corner and cry. Her new life, the one being run by everyone around her, has stopped her dream career, dream life, and dream guy. When she closes her eyes, she sees his hurt face when her parents made her break-up with him.
She can’t take it anymore. She is about to crack, to go insane, and to run from this life.
“Karma!” She looked up to find her friend staring her like she’s a freak. She forgot she was in the hall at school. “It’s time to get to class.” When she nods her head and walks to class. The sound of her high heels echoing with every step. Tonight is the night. No one will expect it or know why except her.