I Wish I Knew | Teen Ink

I Wish I Knew

By StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina
StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

I wish I knew why people killed each other
Or where hate comes from
I wish that I could understand the origin
Of the blood behind my eyes
But at least I know one thing for sure
I didn't put it there

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

It is nothing! Not enough praise for such amazing poetry... I do not have words amazing enough...

You are way too kind! But I cannot thank you enough for the compliment. :)

- Maya Angelou

I Wish I Knew too.... WOW, your words come so well together, you have a GIFT! 

Thanks so much!

laurengerhard SILVER, South Windsor, Connecticut

"I am gone quite mad with the knowledge of accepting the overwhelming number of things I can never know, places I can never go, and people I can never be." -Sylvia Plath

The last two lines wrap this up so well... I love it.

Thank you so much! That means a ton to me. :)

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

I don't feel like I have to comment, I WANT to :) :) because you are an amazing writing. SHOCKER, but I love this poem. It's short yet very deep, which is ironic... XD