A Dream That Lasts Forever (So Don't Wake Me Up) | Teen Ink

A Dream That Lasts Forever (So Don't Wake Me Up)

By SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California
SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California

"I will work harder" (animal farm boxer the horse)

So much comfort can be found in a fast-fading dream
Yet the most beautiful fade into the wind like mist in a warm summer breeze.
The dreams of loneliness become evanescent and the light of an angel breaks through the darkness
I become silent, the words are stuck in the back of my mind, never making it to my throat.
Heaven's light follows you to announce your arrival as the heralds play soothing melodies on golden trumpets.
The wind kisses your hair, the sun is hidden in your smile, and your voice is one no symphony can mimic.
In a trance, I walk slowly to you. Savoring the moment I meet a divinity even though it's in a dream.
The closer I get to you my heart booms in a steady pulse and it sinks fathoms deep.
The sound of music becomes visible around you almost like an aura.
I lose myself and the poet inside comes to life and writes this poem of adoration.
Only in my slumber, forever becomes a reality.
Just for dreams such as yourself.
Please, no one wake me.

Recently I've been in a loving mood with my poetry. This poem is dedicated to my crush.

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Oh SoulPoetry, I must say, you have soul. You truly have soul. Quite the poet you are. Quite the dreamer. Quite the enthusiast from the work of yours I've read. I enjoyed reading this immensely. I tend to read the author's comments first, which I should have learned by now can be a spoiler, and when I read yours I knew I would love this. You pour emotion into my heart. The way you speak of dreams is so visual. So vivid. So clear. Your word choices are right on. Everything about this is right on and while these are your emotions I feel like they are mine. You make it all so personal. You conveyed your crush so angelically. Heavenly.  You befit an angel in a dream in a virtue all to well. BEAUTIFUL job. And thank you for all the lovely comments that you never cease to leave me. I appreciate them very much so.