Who is he? | Teen Ink

Who is he?

By Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California
Superhero_Fan SILVER, Tomorrowland, California

"Impossible; for How many people did you know who refracted your own light to you?” - Fahrenheit 451

Who is the man, who hung the stars, and taught them how to shine?
Who is the man, who painted rainbows, with a promise in mind?
Who is the man, who tames the seas, and shows them how to roar?
Who is the man, who knows the grains of sands on every shore?

Who was the man, who knew me before I was ever born?
This man is my Savior.
My Father.
My Lord forever-more.

I wrote this in a diary one night about Jesus, and I wanted to share it. I hope you understand it, and get something out of it. Thanks for reading it.

Thanks! I appreciate that. :)

miara_amreal BRONZE, Cebu, Other
nice one.. love it.. so inspirational ♥

Thanks. :)

Plume BRONZE said...
Plume BRONZE, Milano, Other
i really love this poem !!! i love the way each sentence repeats its self with a question but has a different, special meaning ! great work <3 

Thanks Jade! I'm glad you liked it!

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

Why haven't I seen this before?? Lol. First of all, this is an amazing poem. I love it so much. My favorite line was "Who is the man, who painted rainbows, with a promise in mind?" Just awesome. I love poems about faith, and I think it's wonderful that you're openly giving tribute to Jesus. Keep writing, you're really good :) 5/5

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

Great work with this! It's such a sweet poem, and as someone who has a ton of trouble writing about religion, I am quite impressed with your ability. ^.^

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!

Thank you Miss! I'm glad you liked it. Thank you for reading it!

CatchAFallingStar PLATINUM, Pearland, Texas

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was." - Unknown

I'm not religious but I still really liked this poem. My poems never rhyme because I don't have enough patience, I guess. This poem flows really well. Great job :)

MissExploration BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

It Can Only Fly When It Needs To.

Although I am not Christian, I love this poem. I can tell that you connect with Jesus, and have faith to him. I like how your questions in your first stanza, I immediately thought of God. Your second stanza of course answered it. Great job!

Aww! Thanks Hanban! That means a lot to me! I appreciate you taking the time to look at it, and I'm glad you liked it!

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

Wow, is all I can say, really. It leaves me speechless and almost in tears. To tell you the truth, I am of split religions, with my father being Christian and mother being Jewish and finding a balance between the two has been hard, which leads me to doubt my own faith. But its works like this that keeps someone believing, keeps someone sane and hopeful. The metaphors are beautiful and elegantly put, short yet flooding with meaning. You did a fantastic job with this. You have an amazing talent worth sharing. I cant wait to read more of your works!

I'm glad you liked it! Thank you for reading it!

Thank you! I`m glad you liked it!

laceandcoffee PLATINUM, Rio Rancho, New Mexico

"We make up horrors to help us escape from the real ones."- Stephen King
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry. I want danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."- Aldous Huxley

I'm not the most religous of types but this is a lovely poem.

Boj95 SILVER said...
Boj95 SILVER, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

"She doesn't even go here!"
-Damion from Mean Girls

I love it! This would make a great song!

Haha, thanks Mckay! I'm glad you liked it! But 'preach it'? I don't think I've heard that one before! Thanks for reading it! :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN! Preach it, fellow believer. Sometimes, I feel like I'm the only one who believes in God, and sometimes I doubt HIm, and I know I shouldn't. But it's writing like this that keeps me believing. And gives me hope! Thank you for that.