Interactions | Teen Ink

Interactions

By LittleMissLostInParadise GOLD, Cumberland, Virginia
LittleMissLostInParadise GOLD, Cumberland, Virginia

"We live in a strange bubble"
-Brian Molko

It wasn't too long ago that I talked to you every day. We were inseparable. I would let you hold me tightly, and you would play with my hair and we would talk about everything. You would listen to me as I jabbered on; never interrupting, just silently observing. We had this unbreakable bond that is rarely heard of. So riddle me this; what happened to us?
I ask myself this as I slip through the hall like a whisper in the wind, because I spot you. You look like you are trying to melt into the wall; you are pressed up next to it. You are surrounded by friends; crushed by affection. I guess that is one thing I will never get used to seeing; you, socializing with someone other than me. I interact with my friends, and try to ignore your looming figure. I try to avoid the pain, remorse, and sick jealousy bubbling up inside of my heart like a geyser.
Somewhere in the distant future, I freeze. I feel your eyes on me; and my love, they burn. I keep my eyes focused on the ground; keep my cheek turned to you. A single shudder rises up my spine. I turn and meet your eyes for a single, fleeting second.
I quickly flee past you, darting into the shadows like a leaping fawn; back to the place you found me so long ago. So in all my sorrow, I cross my fingers and pray that you will find me once again.

east_of_ada said...
east_of_ada, Null, Other

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off." (via Anne Sexton,"For My Lover, Returning To His Wife")

"I think I made you up inside my head.'' (via Sylvia Plath, "Mad Girl's Love Song")

"You called it cosmic; I thought it was icy." (via Ada Coen)

clearer lines and more definitive stanzas would certainly add onto the meaning of this poem. as well, maybe clearing up the subject and focusing more on the loss of love itself, instead of all the things surrounding the love once it is gone? i don't know 100%, just a suggestion  

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

Agree with dead it's hard to read. other than that good.

SpeakerOfTheDead PLATINUM, Lemont, Illinois

“How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”
― Henry David Thoreau

Making the lines clearer would help.