Please Leave Me Alone | Teen Ink

Please Leave Me Alone

May 19, 2014
By C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
15 articles 0 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."











-Johnny Depp


Why won't you leave me alone? So that I can be on my own. I've tried to get rid of you with everything I have but nothing will do. I've tried being mean and I've tried being nice but it just seems like nothing will suffice. What will it take to get you out of my life? Perhaps you belong in the wildlife. I don't know your story, I don't know why you act like this but I don't care because it's something I will not miss. I don't know what I did to deserve all this, nothing it did was that bad. I can't help it, you just make me mad. You take things that are private and make it public. I wish that you were made of metallic. So you wouldn't be so clingy and you wouldn't be so attached to me.


The author's comments:
I wrote this poem after a girl in school told me she had to go to bathroom. Up until that point we were cool but then she just continued to annoy me and I couldn't handle it anymore. Nobody in the class liked her so I decided to write this poem because I knew that I wasn't the only one who felt this way towards her.