Where Did We Go Wrong? | Teen Ink

Where Did We Go Wrong?

By C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."

-Johnny Depp

You played me and you lead me on. It was like we had a deep connection and all of a sudden it was gone. We started hitting it off the first time we talked. I thought the next step was the both of us going on a romantic walk. It took me 7 hours to realize I was out of my mind. But could you blame me? you were so sweet and so kind. When I asked why we never talked, you said it was because you don't talk to younger girls. I was sad, but then I remembered to brush you out of my curls. I can't let you get to me, even if you said you felt bad. The sad part is we don't even talk anymore and I still like you. It's like I forgive you for everything you do. I guess I'm still caught up in my fantasy because when I was there, I was living in ecstasy. I can't get you out of my head, I just want to go to bed. You're the angel of my nightmares and the devil of my sweetest dreams.