I'm Finally Free | Teen Ink

I'm Finally Free

By C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey
C.N.M. GOLD, Carteret, New Jersey

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."

-Johnny Depp

I'm finally free, I'm finally happy. Being alone fills me with glee now that I no longer feel crappy. I thought this moment would take forever to arrive but it came faster than I imagined and I feel so alive. It's like I can fly as high as a bird. There are only so many reasons why I should've stayed with that nerd. But the thing that I'll never forget is how we used to be so perfect. I could sit here and reminisce about the few very good times or I can move on with my life. I am a better person now, I know more things. I can't wait to see what sophomore year brings. I'll be happier, maybe more sophisticated. I know to my studies I will be dedicated. My mind will not be dislocated from my attitude that will now be domesticated. As I continue in school, I will become more educated. A better person is who I want to be, and a better person who is I'm going to be.