To Be Honest, It Still Hurts | Teen Ink

To Be Honest, It Still Hurts

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

It hurts
when
you see
that you're
treated
differently
because of
something
you can't
change.

Just because
of
something
from
before;
something from
the
past.

I know
this
won't last.
Bad times
won't
last
forever.
Only
for
a moment,
but. . .
to be
honest,
it still
hurts.

I've been treated differently by someone because I'm adopted. But you don't have to be adopted, to be treated differently. So many people are treated differently, just because they're different. Being different isn't bad or horrible. In fact, it's wonderful. It would be boring if everyone was the same person, wouldn't it? Bad times can last forever, if you let let it last forever, but really bad times only last for a moment because bad times don't last forever.

haha :P I also too, talked to much here sister ^_^

Haha true ; ) but sometimes when I say something, it sometimes doesn't make sense to me either :P true, life is hard, but life is hard when you think it is very hard. Life is hard, believe me, I know that. But as life is hard, life isn't impossible. Life is possible. ^_^ and what you say is also very true. What happened to you in the past, helped you to be here, where you are now. Some people don't like where they are now, but I hope they know that they have the power to change where they are now. They can move wherever they want to ^_^ we should all look at our memories and hard times as something we can learn from. For it'll teach us priveless lessons, though our hard times amy not seem that attractive. I also am grateful that I am where I am now ^_^ it's wonderful. I'm glad that I'm able to help you, my dear sister! you're welcome! ^_^ though I do not know how I helped you, I am thankful, nonetheless, that I have been able to help you!In some way ^_^ 

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Me too I talked a lot here lol :P hahaha

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

It's my biggest pleasure dear sister ^_^ Of course all what you say somehow makes sense in your own simple way ;) I do agree when you said that it's very hard but now I alwats try to think about them in a way that without all that I wouldn't be where I am now, where I belong and I'm so grateful. It's hurts sometimes but I realize that I don't regret them so much. I look at it as if I learned a lot from it and actually I did. Thank you so much for the advice sister, you opened up my eyes and made me see things clearly so thanks Emily.

I now see, that talked too much here :/ :P haha, sorry

Now I see your comment, TheComet! ^_^ that is very true. Memories of before will always somehow stay in us. We have the power to look upon our memories with happiness, not with sadness or anger. I know what I'm saying sounds silly and hard, but we don't have to always look at our memories with hatred. It's very hard, but it's also not as hard as it seems. :p I'm not sure I made any sense, but anyways, thank you so much! Thank you, TheComet, for commenting and rating on my poem! :D ^_^

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

I don't know how u did it but you read my mind with this poem!! I can defenitly relate to this and it's just true. The past won't last forever but the memory of it will always somehow remain way down inside of my heart. It was so beautiful and honest 5/5 stars :D

Thank you so much, KidRamesses13! I was feeling rather down, so your comment made me happy. Thank you again! I hope to talk with you soon! 

RabbitStew13 GOLD, Atlanta, Georgia

I've got two speeds: mildly offensive and outright hostile. Your choice.

This is really really beautiful, E.D. Keep it up!