Black Rose | Teen Ink

Black Rose

By EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I am
a black rose
among the red roses.
I am
the dried, withered rose
among the blooming, live ones.

So, maybe I was feeling rather down when I wrote this, I'm not sure. But it sounds like it, doesn't it? Basically, this is about me standing out. And the question I'm thinking now, is this. I know no-one on Teen Ink has never met me, or if we have we didn't know, but anyways, back to the question I was thinking. Do I stand out? I know I do, but do I stand out in a good way or bad way?

True. I agree with you. :) And no, not at all. It doesn't sound weird. :) And you're absolutely, right. Being weird is not wrong and it's awesome. :) Thank you so much. :)

theanonreader GOLD, Pensacola, Florida

you can tell a lot about a person by the books he reads
-unknown

i don't  think there is a bad way to stand out. black roses, lesat to me, are better than the normal ones, cause those have to be either painted or they're just so well known that no one really wants them. its the odd ones that people want. sorry of that sounds weird or whatever but just saying that there's nothing wrong with being weird its awesome.

The poem might not be clear.