Freedom | Teen Ink

Freedom

By Be_Free PLATINUM, Longview, Texas
Be_Free PLATINUM, Longview, Texas

"And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion overall." -- The Masque of the Red Death, Edgar Allan Poe

Take the blade carefully,
Place it strategically,
Slide it smoothly,
Watch the crimson red stain my skin.

He is the reason that I am like this, the reason that I have nothing to live for. He took it all away. I know it sounds crazy that I would be freaking out over a person, a boy no less. But he is more than just a boy to me. He is my murderer; he killed me. Yes I am here, and yes I am breathing, but the thing is, there was a time when I wasn’t.

There was a time when I could not breathe. My love stole the air from my lungs, crushed my heart, and made sure my blood would not flow. He did everything  wrong. That is why I am still here. That is why I am going crazy like this. He is under my skin, crawling and trying to hard to make me crazy. I will get him out.

The tears slid down his face as he was killing me. “I’m trying to help you.” That is what he said. Though, I didn’t feel anything wrong with me. He said there was something in my blood. He said that there was something in my body, an evil that needed to come out, so he went in to get the darkness to get it for me. Now I want him out. He’s only making it worse. I can feel him inside of me tearing me to pieces.

That is why
I take the blade carefully,
Place it strategically,
Slide it smoothly, 
Watch the crimson red stain my skin.

Once again I warn you that love can be detrimental.