Vanessa | Teen Ink

Vanessa

By Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California
Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

Maybe if I

look deeper

listen longer

press harder

the piano

will erase my memories.

I play the piano a lot, and somebody I know was walking by as I played today, so I did my best to immerse myself in my playing and not think about them.

It's difficult.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you, Bree. That certainly seems like good news, since most of my poems are short and abstract.

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

Thank you, Ray. I didn't actually think it could be read as humorous, but I reread it and it can certainly come across that way. Which I think is a good thing. Anyway, thank you for reading, Ray-senpai.

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

Really spooky and mysterious, love it! :)

BreeZephyr SILVER, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

“In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him...it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves.” - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

Yeah, it does kind of seem to have a mysterious air...in a good way, though! I love these kinds of short, open-ended poems. They really make readers think. This one is no exception. Love it!

Ray--yo PLATINUM, Kathmandu, Other

God Makes No Mistakes. (Gaga?)
"I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right." -Liesel Meminger via Markus Zusac, "The Book Thief"

I read the poem without reading the descriltion first, and it seemed to have a delightfully dark vibe to it. After the description, suddenly the whole thing became rather humorous. I enjoyed both these images, and I also like how your poems are short and precise. Great writing, Amai!