Will I ever stop being sad? | Teen Ink

Will I ever stop being sad?

By paerris SILVER, Dededo, Other
paerris SILVER, Dededo, Other
8 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"Embrace your originality, a life that does not revolve around conformity is often a life that feels content."
-x

You don’t know what sadness is
until you’re the only one throughout your friends who’s tired of hearing the same joke and don’t laugh at all
You don’t know what sadness is
if the only thing you could ever really care about is passing that one exam when you should be enjoying dinner with your family
You don’t know what sadness is
when you see other people with big smiles on their faces and question are they really enjoying life
  or are they deceiving themselves

You never knew that you’d end up being sad
over that one person who boarded the plane at 3AM and realizing that only after a few hours after they’ve gone, you needed them
over that one person who manipulated you into false happiness
over that one kid you never knew and the only time you did know was when it was the morning of his death

You see, you are so sad that you never realized that you are currently experiencing the worst sadness

You didn’t realize that you’ve cried so much
to the point where the only thing you did
was sit, and sit, and sit,
through all the weeks, through all the months
that you never noticed you’ve been feeling sad for the past three years

I wrote this when I was a freshman and I felt stuck in a hole I dug for myself. Although, I did modify it since I felt the original wasn't very well put together. For those who may be wondering, I am in a much more better place. I was able to find a way out of the hole I put myself in and develop a more positive and healthy mindset. As for those who are going through things, it will take a long time for it to get better, but it'll be worth it.