Faces Vignette | Teen Ink

Faces Vignette

November 14, 2017
By Vivian! BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
Vivian! BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Everybody in my family has different faces. My dad’s face looking all scary, but once you talk to him he turns into someone else you never knew before. My mom’s face had freckles on her that is like little pink polka dots makes you feel loving life. My brother’s face has a stern look of lines going everywhere. My best friend Nancy's face that is like a sister to me would tell you I will always be here for you no matter what. And last but not least, my sister Jan with her little face like a lantern full of brightness very happy and joyful.

But my grandma’s face,  my grandma's face how her wrinkles tell her sorrow when she smiles all those wrinkles will disappear, and the shading, the mood, the smoothness look of her soft skin will appear.The wrinkles on my grandma's faces show her characters and her personality. All of my family member faces say something in them that tells you each individual personality.


The author's comments:

 I had written this poem for my English class and we were supposed to use a structure like one poet that we like. This poem was written like the structure of one of Sandra Cisneros poem.