Come and Go | Teen Ink

Come and Go

By Katie Trudeau SILVER, Saranac Lake, New York
Katie Trudeau SILVER, Saranac Lake, New York

I can’t say how much
I miss you. Weight of my heart
Would crash the phone lines

Haikus heal a lonely friend

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

This was beautiful, I love how descriptive you are even in those short lines, keep up the great work! CX

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

haha, it was supposed to be in Haiku format, that comment, Ah well TeenInk.comment editor you suck..but maybe you can tell the way I meant it to be ,, Anyway LOVED it!

- Maya Angelou

I can't say how much  I liked these few words that you Put so beautfiully               "Yes, Haikus heal a lonely friend"

MelanieLouise PLATINUM, Plymouth, Minnesota

to live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong

i love this. it so full of emotion with only three lines. great job. keep writing, Mel :) and i would love to hear what you have to say about some of my work!!

BleedingRose PLATINUM, Frederic, Wisconsin

*The darkness holds infinite possibilities.

(mine)

I loved it, very unique.  I think you might like my haiku, Purple Love, check it out.  You don't have to comment, and BTW, totally agree with your last line.

-Rose

zweetz3k9 GOLD said...
zweetz3k9 GOLD, Stone Mountain, Georgia

"we're human beings being human"

beautiful.