A Common Exchange | Teen Ink

A Common Exchange MAG

By Cotillion_Reject GOLD, Germantown, Tennessee
Cotillion_Reject GOLD, Germantown, Tennessee

I wish my life had a syllabus!

My cat rested, quiet,
Soaking up silken sun rays
She purrs, rumbles, smiles

A creak from the floor –
Feline turns, ears now erect
It is just the dog

My cat turns again
Facing the solar nectar
Hoping he will leave

I saw my cat basking in the sunlight when my dog came over to visit her. The whole scene was very amusing.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Such a happy lively piece, at least I felt that way just now when I read it,,... Awesomely put... I adore that story.. Real cute...  :))) Maybe check out some of my work?

NathanB GOLD said...
NathanB GOLD, Amherst, Massachusetts
Very Good! I could really imagine the cat and i love the line "solar nectar" Great Job!

beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

I really like it. By the title, I was expecting something different, but this poem surprised me--so great job!!

aphids77 said...
aphids77, Holly Springs, North Carolina
I like how this is so simple, it relates to nature (which was the original purpose of haiku) and it's so natural. Great job. Really great.

Saudade_indigo PLATINUM, Winnipeg, Other
i love the phrase "solar nectar". that's pretty

Niki said...
I really like that you wrote about your cat. This work feels light and refreshing, I appreciate that!