Summertime...so short | Teen Ink

Summertime...so short

By collegegirladventures GOLD, Mequon, Wisconsin
collegegirladventures GOLD, Mequon, Wisconsin

A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep.

~Salman Rushdie

Summertime.....so short
Of a precious time...COME BACK!!....
Snowflakes on the grass...

just a simple haiku about how frustrating it is to me that summertime can't just hang around for just a bit longer...

hippiechick99 GOLD, Mesquite, Texas

"... How dreary to be somebody-- How public like a frog;
To tell one's name; the livelong June-- To an admiring bog"
-Emily Dickinson

I love summer too...even though I live in Texas and it gets up to like 120 degrees. Loved the poem :P

Zxarra GOLD said...
Zxarra GOLD, Fitzwilliam, New Hampshire

Earth without art is "eh"

Yeah I love summer too but snowflakes on the grass is such a pretty thing that it probably would cancel out my wishing for summer but that's just me. I definitely like the poem!

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

"For God so loved the world (you) that He gave His only begotten Son (Jesus), that whoever believes in Him should not perish (in Hell) but have everlasting life (in Heaven)." -John 3:16

Mucho gracias, amiga! :D

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

^_^

~Salman Rushdie

np=no problem.n yeah im looking forward to it... :)

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

What's "np" ? And yeah sounds fun; i should make some Haiku :D

on Sep. 28 2011 at 9:34 am

~Salman Rushdie

np! hope this will help. maybe u can post some haikus now on teen ink. will b waitn....

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

Oh i see! Muncho gracias!!

~Salman Rushdie

A unit of pronunciation having one vowel sound, with or without surrounding consonants, forming the whole or a part of a word; e.g., there are two syllables in water and three in inferno.

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

Ooooh.. I see.  And i forgot, what's a syllable?

~Salman Rushdie

its pretty easy. 

1st stansa: 5 syllables

2nd: 7 syl.

3rd: 5 syl.

the main theme is supposed to be about nature, but of course you can "break the rules" sometimes.

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

Gracias :D And I don't know how write Haiku... Lol

~Salman Rushdie

thx! i like ur work too.

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

Great haiku :)

~Salman Rushdie

totally, dude! ;) lol

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

That's very true :)  with Lots of fun memories.

~Salman Rushdie

exactly! :) but there are nice things about every season. :)

Randamu said...
Randamu, Helendale, California

I wish summertime was longer, too :'(  And i like Haiku, too. But enjoy today, that's why it's called present :D