The Nearing Summer | Teen Ink

The Nearing Summer

By ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other

Awaiting summer
So missed, loved and yearned by me
Dreaming, wishing to

Relax, unwind, have some fun
Laying on the sandy coast
Sun soaking my skin

Fantasizing to
Escape from school, my prison
To approach freedom

Summer Vacation

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

The humour, the imagery, the line " sun soaking my skin" : so vivid. I like the fact that you went for simplicity rather than complexity and that fact makes this poem shine even more. Wonderful work.

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you so much :). I will :D

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you, I'm so glad you liked it :)

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you so much :)

cassiopeia BRONZE, Winningen, Other

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. -Albert Einstein.

You managed to capture a lot of emotions in a few lines. Very impressive! This made me want to tan on the beach :) If you have the time, try to write a similar piece about the winter! 

sarah98 BRONZE said...
sarah98 BRONZE, Holyoke, Massachusetts

It is better to write for yourself and have no audience than write for your audience and have no self.

trueeeeee. this was great

PhoebeB GOLD said...
PhoebeB GOLD, Lexington, Massachusetts

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
-Victor Hugo

Loved the poem, once again. I agree with StarlitSunrise, you chose a relatable topic that made your piece easily enjoyable by all different kinds of people. Whereas if you had written an amazing poem about Ice-Cream, a lactose intolerant person may not enjoy the poem as much. Anywho, I'm babbling now, so I'll leave it at that Great poem, and happy writing!

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you :D 

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
I'm so glad that you like it, thank you :D 

StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

I like the simple topic that everyone can relate to. :) You broke up the stanzas very nicely as well.

OldYoungOne said...
I can relate to this feeling. I like the flow of it (many don't have the talent to do so) with so simple words.

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you :) 

shadowkiss96 SILVER, Selkirk, New York

"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."

cool, nice poem!

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you :D 

estucker1998 PLATINUM, Tuscaloosa, Alabama

The voracious ambition of humans is never sated by dreams coming true, because of the thought that everything may be done better and again. --John Green, The Fault in Our Stars.

Flows really well. Simply put, but so true. We just got out of school today, so I could not've said it better myself! I especially loved "escape from school, my prison" Keep writing! 

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you :) 

SimplyErica SILVER, San Marcos, California

"Love is something unconditional. It continues to live even when everything dies." - By Me ♥

I like this a lot. I feel like it is really soothing to read haha. If that makes sense? Great job! (:

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you :) 

WulffyBoy SILVER, Hubbard, Oregon

"You suck, there's no buts, the whole music industry can lick my nuts"---- Deuce

Very nice. Well put together. Good job.

ChocolateLove SILVER, Warsaw, Other
Thank you so much :D