My Old Friend | Teen Ink

My Old Friend

By StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina
StarlitSunrise DIAMOND, Clemmons, North Carolina

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." ~Camille Pissarro

fear is an old friend
that sometimes knows you better
than you know yourself

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Star! Thank you so much, but I think you are sweeter, for you have made my day sugary. Yeah, well what can we do, and the worst part of it all was that I'd had the most amazing idea for a story (a rather long one, like long enough to make a book if it gets completed) and then came the nasty writer's block. And thank you so much for that I shall definitely check out that website. And don't be sorry, I think this will help a lot. It was amazing to talk to you too :)

Aw Saphira, you are so sweet. :) And it has been too long since I've read yours as well! Perhaps I will go snoop around a bit. :P  I'm sorry to hear about you writer's block though. :/ I've just come out of a particularly nasty bout of it myself.  Interestingly enough, it was a book of folk stories that did it. They are so like poetry, and it is easy to pool from a wide range of topics. If you want, perhaps you could try oneword . com. Have you heard of it? I'm sorry that I don't have more suggestions. Of course, you must know some cures of your own. Writer's block seems to be one of those things with a million possible solutions but no sure fire fix. And I hope you have an awesome day as well! It's so nice to get to talk with you again. ^.^

Aw Saphira, you are so sweet. :) And it has been too long since I've read yours as well! Perhaps I will go snoop around a bit. :P  I'm sorry to hear about you writer's block though. :/ I've just come out of a particularly nasty bout of it myself.  Interestingly enough, it was a book of folk stories that did it. They are so like poetry, and it is easy to pool from a wide range of topics. Of course, you must know some cures of your own. Writer's block seems to be one of those things with a million possible solutions but no sure fire fix. And I hope you have an awesome day as well! It's so nice to get to talk with you again. ^.^

- Maya Angelou

This is such an awfully interesting notion. It is so true when you think on it, that fear knows you better than you   know yourself, your past, your dreams, your aims, everything, and then presents everything to you in a way  so scary. That is why like Harry, what I fear most is fear itself :D Amazing Haiku Star! It had been long since I read some of yours....How have you been?.. I've been in writer's block for some while and it still hasn't gone away... Ah, the agony. Oh and by the way, the title is so wow. Have an awesome day.

Thank you so much! That really means a ton to me. :)

Jade.I.Am ELITE, Fishers, Indiana

“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose”
― Charles Bukowski

I love this! This is why I subscribe to your work (: you make even haikus interesting.