I Don't Get It | Teen Ink

I Don't Get It

By nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming
nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I don't get how you
Can make me so happy and
The next moment sad.

Just me being cynical about falling in love again.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Okay now I simply do not have any more words for you except to say that I am blown by how candid this is. I love love love this. And the you being cynical part is extremely lovable :P I mean it says so much for human nature and love and everything in the word in merely seventeen syllables. funny, said, I have no words, well- actually I don't have any that would suffice.

candlelightwriter GOLD, Kirksville, Missouri

"Secretly we're all a little more absurd than we make ourselves out to be"-- J.K. Rowling.

haha thanks. I like the username because it makes me think of what my userphoto represents-- a Victorian woman writing and reading by candlelight :)

nelehjr DIAMOND, Lingle, Wyoming

Why thank you! By the way, I love your name, hahaha!

I'm not much for haikus but I really enjoy the simplicity of this one. It really speaks what it means to be human. When you really care about someone, they can take your heart and twist it into all sorts of shapes. Well done :)