Insane Sanity | Teen Ink

Insane Sanity

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Those who think they are
normal are the craziest
people in the world.

But the sanest of
people are those who embrace
their insanity.

I've realized as I've matured (as if) that there's no such thing as "normal". Everyone is crazy in their own way. Some of us just can't masquerade it as others can. Meditate on all the things you do, and you'll realize you're a little crazy. You do things other people don't consider "normal." But who cares? Normal is overrated. We're all one bit normal, but a hell lot crazier.

Distant_Freedom DIAMOND, Nowhere, Pennsylvania

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

I was looking for a poem of yours that didn't have any comments. I've been reading every poem you have, and I just love the way you write all your poems. They're all amazing and have such depth and meaning behind every word. I'm not sure if you did this on purpose, but I especially love the way you write so many short poems and then bring in a long one. People can spend time reading poems that are very easy to read and can bring in new people to enjoy poetry, and then they can read a long one to expand their tastes. I love all your poetry, but I rate people's work most of the time instead of comment on it.