Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

Kara_Hikaru SILVER, Plaquemine, Louisiana

"Live your life like you want to, because the people who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."~ Unknown

I really love this article! It's so true in every way! Though guys are exactly the same as girls, we just got it a little tougher. You're an amazing song writer and I like your version way better than Vanessa Hudgen's version! Good job!

MikalaReighann0215 SILVER, Midland, Texas
i would seriously buy this song off itunes. i would love to hear the music with it. it sounds great

sunshine04 BRONZE, Vindhyanagar, Other
song is great

deathsongs BRONZE, Boston, Massachusetts

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
"If you really wanna know, why not ask him?"

End of passion play, crumbling away
She's your source of self-destruction
Veins that pump with fear, sucking darkest clear
Leading on your deaths construction
Taste her you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How she's killing you

Come crawling faster
Obey your Mistress
Your life burns faster
Obey your Mistress
Mistress

Mistress of Puppets she's pulling your strings
Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams
Blinded by her, you can't see a thing
Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you Just call my name, 'cause I'll hear you scream
Mistress
Mistress

limelove said...
limelove, Gresham, Oregon

Memories last forever.

This song is great and very good too.

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"

Yeah...

Also, would it really annoy you if an all-boy band from Boston did a cover of this? The irony would be great, but thats not why (lol).

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"

Hey, do have chords for this? because i keep trying to fit it on guitar, but im having some trouble--i usually go the other way, music first, then lyrics.

aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

Actually, there are some similarities, such as "she wears the pants," as in Hudgens', "I think it's clear who wears the pants." Also, "One day you'll be on her pay roll," is a lot like, "She could be president, make all the rules, don't try to win the game you're only gonna lose." I actually really like your song, and I am sad that you thought I was trying to be rude. :(

Hi deathsongs, so...I wrote this about a boy I knew who wouldn't let me play with him on team sports; he thought that I wouldn't succeed and I couldn't do it. Only boys could; they are tougher and stronger and better...that was his excuse. I am aware that not all boys are like this, I just wanted to create a song saying that...EVERYONE IS EQUAL. GIRLS MAY BE YOUR BOSS ONE DAY, THEY MAY NOT. But you cannot and should not, degrade them in anyway because we are competitive and will work to prove you wrong. We will show you up if you underestimate us and if you do underestimate us, we might surprise you in the end. Does that help ease your perspective a little bit?

Thank you :) yeah, I was just in the shower and I thought of a tune...and then I was frustrated with someone I knew at the time and put the two together! lol. I will be putting it on Youtube soon and I will let you know when so that you can check it out! :)

Hi, so you know...I didn't even know she had songs outside HSM. When I looked at her lyrics, you will see that there are absolutely no similarities other than the song title. I do not copy other artists' work; I do not like taking credit for something I didn't do. Thank you for reading it though and I'm glad you liked it.

THank you :) No, it hasn't but...hopefully one day!

EmilyMichelle, thank you :) I appreciate it.

Hey, yes I play guitar and piano :) I've been singing since I was about 4 and I love it :)

I liked it... But I think you're kind of a little bit copying the song "Never Underestimate a Girl" by Vanessa Hudgens.

jkhcgkudfh said...
his song is rlly good!!! and so true

bsdb said...
this is really good i liked the "beauty tamed the beast"

emmagrace132 said...
emmagrace132, Quakertown, Pennsylvania
0 articles 1 photo 1 comment

"Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% persperation" - Thomas Edison

i really liked this. all men should bow down ;)

krysling PLATINUM, Naples, Florida

I have found that when a person gets involed with cloak and dagger business, they usually end up deep in the cloak, without the dagger and out a business.

on the whole guys beat each other and then end up friends thing... mostly true. and it is more common for girls to hold grudges than guys. girls tend to be more "mental" and guys tend to be more "physical" just how things turned out.

krysling PLATINUM, Naples, Florida

never is a strong word there honey.. also a relative one. perhaps in your relationships your woman will roll over when you tell her to, but in my relationships.. my partner and i are equal. we both wear the pants. and if they tell me to roll over.. they try to ask politely.