Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

musiclover71 ELITE, Hutto, Texas

"Normal is overrated." - Gregory House

WOW!! this is great! i love it! it really shows how girls are so much stronger or can be! that's amazing! :D

thank you so much :)

thanks! yeah, it works with the melody but I noticed that too when it's written haha

I'm glad you like it! :)

crazy_poet42 SILVER, Ormond Beach, Florida

"I've learned two things in my life. One that love is the beginning and end of all meaning. And two that it is the same thing whatever shape our souls have taken on this journey. Love is love. Is love." -Clive Barker's Abarat

I like the power behind your words and the passion I can hear even though I don't know the tune. There is a clumsy line or two, syllable-wise, but that's likely something that is cleared up when heard with the melody. Very moving; I love it!

lovelife365 BRONZE, Silver Spring, Maryland

You live, you learn.

great song!

thanks! I had a lot of fun writing this and I'm happy you like it!

how has your holidays been?

thank you! :) I'm so happy a lot of people like this piece; it was fun to write!

Happy Thanksgiving! How has your holiday been?

and thanks for putting it as a favorite; it means a lot :)

FlamableFyre DIAMOND, Spartanburg, South Carolina

I don't have ambitions or desires.
Being a poet isn't my ambition,
it's my way of being alone.
~ Fernando Pessoa ~

ok, this is the best song i've ever seen. it needs to be put on the radio immedately! i love it, its so true, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im so putting this as one of my top five articles! :)

:)

:)

:)

Cady_ PLATINUM said...
Cady_ PLATINUM, Godley, Texas

"Never judge a book by its cover.", and "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself." "Cherish your life." "Love equals eternity."

OMG!!!I love it!!!!Its just really.........I dont even know!!!OMG!!!!WOW!!!!IT WAS GREAT!!!WOW.....I am uh....Speechless...uh...<3Cady....FIVE STARS...

okay :) thanks again!

thatgirl_93 said...
thanks, but none of it's been posted yet

=(

I'll let you know when it is

yeah she's pretty, but I'm happy with what I look like :) Idk..if I looked like her, there'd be like, two Demi's haha that'd be weird. :) Okay, lemme know when you submit it-I'll rate/comment :) My favorite song? i have a lot---"remember december", "On the Line", "Everytime you Lie"...oh and "don't forget"...how about you?

distant_dreamer GOLD, Belmont, New Hampshire

"Life's a climb, but the view is great!"

Hey! I know she is so Amazing, I love her voice and she is so drop dead gorgeous! I wish I could look as pretty as she does! Oh, Btw, I am going to be submitting a picture of me and my best friend, from Saturday when she came over! :) Then you could get an idea of what I look like! Lol :) No, I haven't heard that song but I'll look it up! What is your favorite song from her?

I love Demi; she's awesome. Do you like her new song, "remember december"?

Hey! I listen to Southern Gospel, and I also love Demi Lovato!!! :) She's Amazing!!

thanks! I'm glad you liked it :)

I'll try to check out your stuff later :)

thatgirl_93 said...
Wow... this gives me goosebumps :)

thank you! :) yeah, I may have a slight addiction to the Disney classics haha

I'm glad people think this is empowering because that's what I was going for. I want girls everywhere to know that you can be individual,still be just as strong with determination and perseverance and go farther in life than other people could with the right attitude. Do you write too???

SophaDee SILVER, Westport, Connecticut

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all."- The Breakfast Club

I liked this! It's empowering, but my favorite part was the reference to Belle/Ariel. That was so creative!

I love different types of music: country and pop....but i love some christian music like Switchfoot, Barlow Girl, ZoeGirl, etc. How about you??