Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

Horror-Mistress DIAMOND, Waco, Texas

There is always someone that has it worse than you

as a girl, I do kind of agree with Micheal. Men have always been the stronger beings. women have grown by watching men and learning from them. Men and women should be equal, but men have always been there to protect their women, the one thing that men have always had above women. In old cultures, women could have as many husbands as they wanted and vise versa for men. Westernization, or religion, changed that. They saw that women were inferior, and at the time, we very much were. Whether that was because our lack of oppertunity or our choice, no one is certain. But women have grown, and we have become mentalling equal among men, but we have yet to reach the same emotional and physical likeness, and if/when we do, will we really be women still? Why do we want to be just like men if they are "pathentic?" 

EBurn BRONZE said...
EBurn BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
That's true I don't see in what way women are still confined why do we still need feminism?

EBurn BRONZE said...
EBurn BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
It's useless to fight about who's better because no one's the same. everyone no matter who they are has a strength in them but the strength is different for everyone no matter the gender.

oxymoron BRONZE, Seattle, Washington
This is really awesome! I'm a total feminist and I love music and I love when people are able to embody that in song lyrics! It's really hard to do! Great job!

Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

But Ariel wasn't strong, she fell for a guy that she just met! The fact that Ariel left the sea doesn't make her strong, it makes her rebellious. There's a HUGE difference.

Nelly_Nell GOLD, Bakersfield, California

'' For every dark night there is an even brighter day"

-Tupac Shukar

It does not do anything wrong at all because the comparison actually had nothing to do with true love its comparing to how strong a girl is. 

Then why make it as a comparison to things that happen in real life? That's what this poem does wrong. 

-Tupac Shukar

But this was a fairy tale not real life or else there wouldn't be a mermaid so in the fairy tales true love can really happen,

It might have been "true" love when Ariel and Eric first met, but how would they have known that? You can't just fall in love with a stranger, it works out 0.00000001% of the time.

-Tupac Shukar

It was true love when Eric and Ariel fell in love and as for Bell and the beast they didn't fall in love when they first met it took time for Bell to love the beast.

-Tupac Shukar

It was true love with Eric and Ariel and as for Bell and the beast they didn't fall in love right after they first met it took time for Bell to love the beast.

They fell in love after they had just met. That can lead to some pretty awful stuff, as seen in Disney's latest movie.

-Tupac Shukar

how did they have crappy behavior? All they did was fall inlove. 

So no one is above any one else, yet this person is pathetic? Logic. Use it.

Reguardless for who fell for who first, both Eric and Ariel had just met each other and decided it was meant to be. They both had crappy behavior, and still, Ariel leaving the sea had nothing to do with the fact that she was a female, as this poem implies. 

-Tupac Shukar

eric and ariel fell for each other at the same time and the beast still  fell for bell first 

I'm pretty certain that Ariel saved Eric's life, and then fell in love with a person he never met. As for Belle, she got with the person that imprioned her father, and then freed him, only to imprison her.

-Tupac Shukar

Umm actually ariel and eric fell for ech other at the same time the beast fell for bell first thats why he had set her free and thats what made her fall for him..

Psst. Ariel left the sea and sold her soul to be with a MAN. Belle got with Beast (or Adam) because SHE fell for HIM. Not because HE fell for HER. Do your homework next time. Jeez. -_-

racha BRONZE said...
racha BRONZE, Bejaia, Other

"Le bonheur est quelque chose qui se multiplie quand il se divise".Paulo Coelho
which means:Happiness is something that multiplies when it is divided by Paulo Coelho

Not bad!!!5 stars out of 5