The closet | Teen Ink

The closet

By julia.s SILVER, Blue Lake, California
julia.s SILVER, Blue Lake, California

a wise girl kisses but doesn't love. listens but does not belive.and leavvs before she is left.

~Marilyn Monroe

Dana was perfect
Beautiful
Artistic
Talented
With the support of her family

How come the day she stepped out of the dark cold lonely closet that all changed?

She stopped embracing her beauty and started hiding it so people forgot she was beautiful

She was afraid of judgment on her art so she stopped creating those beautiful paintings

Where did her talent go was she scared or worried or just ashamed

But what I really want to know is what happened to that support where did her friends and family go.

How come she thought she was freeing her self from that small closet but really she was just getting shoved in to a darker lonelier colder place.

I will never criticize the decision Dana made, she was ready but not for this place she was ready for that place the warm bright friendly place so she took her self there.

I will never criticize her choice I will criticize the people that could make this place the place she needed.

this is about a girl at my school who came out and was harrased made fun of and ridiculed unfourtunately she couldnt handel it so she commited suicide.

I love you dana