The little boy in the back of the room | Teen Ink

The little boy in the back of the room

By classof20142121 GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming
classof20142121 GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming

You laugh because I am different ,but I laugh because you are all the same .

Verse One: That little boy in the back of the room, People call weird for his awkward face and his awkward ways. But then never stop to think about what his life is really like.

Chorus: What people don’t know is when he gets home the bullies just get a little older. People don’t stop to think he acts the way he does because he can’t act that way at home. So the fact is that people know little about the little boy in the back of the room.

Verse Two: He sits at a table alone at lunch. Just stares just at his paper bag, making sure not to catch anybody. He’s been made fun of enough today. People at the other tables call him fat for eating so fast. But you see these people don’t know anything.

Chorus: What people don’t know is that he scarf’s his food down so fast because he wants to get out of the way of all of there hatred and there discussed stares . People don’t realize that he prays to god every night for the miracle something to make there voice stop replaying in his head for awhile so he could get some sleep. But has come to the fact that people know little about the little boy in the back of the room.

Verse Three: He sits in class looking straight at the black board. Making sure not to look anyone in the eye. A little girl with her hair in braids walks though the door and hands the teacher a note, The teacher tells her to take a seat. She walks to the back of the room and takes the seat right by him. She smiles and says “Hi”. He smiles back and thinks finally god has sent him what he has been wishing for . Some one that understands the little boy in the back of the room.

This is for all the outcasts in life.

bandgeekfreak DIAMOND, No Answer, Texas

“A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.” Abraham Maslow.

This is completely heartfelt, and I love it. Keep writing:)