Ricochet | Teen Ink

Ricochet

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

The bullets ricochet
As you shoot me at my heart;
I will not fade away—
For I will not break apart.

And you can beat me down—
But I will rise yet again;
I will smile—never frown—
For I will feel no more pain.

I am victor; you can
Be too—just let go your ways—
Boy, girl, man, and woman—
Here is to happier days.

No more violence, no more
Cruelty, no more beatings, no
More bullying, no more war—
Let your love show—let Love show.

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Haha thats okay :) almost done with the novel!!!!!!! Im still freaking out about it though: it has to be perfect!!!! Anyway...................... hows it going???

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I probably could. That's awesome either way. Keep rockin. Oh....sorry I didn't say that for your new poem. Totally forgot. ^u^

Maybe I will post a recording....probably not. But hey, you could imagine it!!!!! I love the words. And the pictures. Awesome job again

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Wow. Really? Wish I could hear it. 

Imjust came up with an awesome tune for this and a piano part. Once again great song!!!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

YESSSSSS! I'm glad you noted it. Thank you.

Was this inspired by titanium by david guetta, because that is the vibe i got. I liked it. great structure and rhyming. Awesome! Keep rockin Mckay

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I try.  But I know it's not enough. :) Thanks.

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

Well you sorta bribed me yourself with awesome poetry ;P

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

You're too kind. Who paid you to flatter me? lol Thank you so much!

- Maya Angelou

Oh my my my! This is just awesome. I love your rhyme and the word choice is just perfect! The title was what attracted me to it, but the poem itself turned out to be so much more that I had expected. Exceptional.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Wow, thanks. You think it can be a song? I've never given that much thought. I will admit I was inspired by David Guetta's "Titanium."

thatunknownthing DIAMOND, Dubai, Other

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift; that's why they call it the present"

this could sort of, make, song lyrics! A nice piece, 4/5!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you so much. I appreciate it.

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

This is really great. Really well-written. I applaud you. (: