Lonely Dancing | Teen Ink

Lonely Dancing

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

She begged me to dance with her,
but I always rejected
Her request; now that dancer
Dances with my neglected;

She’s off with him—together
—and she leaves me forever.

I was inspired by Bruno Mars's song "When I Was Your Man" and by "Dirty Dancing".

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

Oh, the emotion ;-; *hides in corner and cries quietly*

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

If you say so... XD Thanks so much for the comment and encouragement. 

DawnieRae BRONZE, Lancaster, Ohio
I love this poem! You captured my intrest with the title, keep writing Mckay! 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. And heck yeah I'll read your work. Holla at me any time you want me to read anything you posted. And I love your feedback too. And you too keep rockin!

Laugh-it-Out PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York, New York

"Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light" --Dylan Thomas

Great poem!!! I love ur taste in music! Bruno mars is great and I can totally see the reference. Great job. I have a couple of new pieces up and would love if you could take a look at them. I love your feedback and would really appreciate some if u have time! Great Job! Keep rockin

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I will check it out ASAP!. 

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

I don't know if you saw, but one of my newest poems is up called I'm Conscience-Stricken! You're so welcome! I am obviously going to continue to read your work! Thansk so much! c:

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

First, thank you for loving my taste in movies. I'm a huse movie buff. Your taste is great as well. I love every movie you chose. Second, thank you for liking this poem. And thank you a million times for thinking I'm a "spectacular writer"—God's ear to your lips—that means so so much to me. You too are a spectacular writer. I can't wait to read your future work. 

Your movie taste is impeccable. c: I really, really enjoyed reading this. I like how the poem/song is simple but the meaning is so much greater. I tell you this on all the things I comment on of yours, but again, you're a spectacular writer! The picture goes well with it. The title is great. The whole thing is amazing.