Be Patient | Teen Ink

Be Patient

By swat17 SILVER, Mineral, Virginia
swat17 SILVER, Mineral, Virginia

Dark days, dark skies,
I see the pain and fear, it's glowing in your eyes,
Risks you take, goodbyes you write,
I'm gonna help you dear, I see straight through the lies.

Please put that down,
I know you can resist temptation,
When life burns you out,
Relight the flame and change the station,
Live life without,
All the things that drag you down,
Wait the storm out,
I know you can if you just be patient.

Bad dreams, every night,
You can't escape the pain,
Not even when you shut your eyes,
Every day, when you rise,
Happiness you try to fake, in reality you wanna die.

Please put that down,
I know you can resist temptation,
When life burns you out,
Live life without,
All the things that drag you down,
Wait the storm out,
I know you can if you just be patient.

My friend keep on standing tall,
I'll be right here through it all,
A new chapter will begin,
I promise this one will end. X2

Please put that down,
I know you can resist temptation,
When life burns you out,
Live life without,
All the things that drag you down,
Wait the storm out,
I know you can if you just be patient.

Dark days, dark skies,
I see the pain and fear, it's glowing in your eyes.

Never give up.

SongBird04 said...
SongBird04, Littleton, Colorado

You've gotta take the good with the bad, smile when you're sad, love what you got and remember what you had. Always forgive but never forget, learn from your mistakes but never regret. People change and things go wrong but always remember life goes on

I love this! It is very encouraging, and it has good flow! Keep on writing, this is amazing. :) 

TaylorWintry DIAMOND, Carrollton, Texas

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby." - Unknown

OH my gosh! Absolutely WOW. That is just so powerful... One thing I particularly fell in love with was your uneven rhythm. I'm usually really a stickler for "run-on" rhythms, but I fell in love with yours. For example, a short line followed by a long line gives the reader a sense of mystery, of anxiousness, of waiting. THe longer line seems to almost drag on until it's resolved with a rhyming word. It's chilling, but reassuring. Chillingly reassuring. Fantastic. I love the chorus SO much. My favorite words are "change the station"... For some reason, those words just hit home in my heart. Plus, I love the line "please put that down." It's almost like a plea for help, saying "please, do it this time. I've begged for so long." It's proving that it's even making other people around them burn out as well, and it's a wonderful allusion to many, many things that plague today's teenagers. I have to say... I am so, so impressed with this. 5/5 definitely, and favorite-d.

swat17 SILVER said...
swat17 SILVER, Mineral, Virginia
Thanks blondifytheworld

BlondifytheWorld SILVER, Louisa, Virginia
I'm in love <3

migwam ELITE said...
migwam ELITE, Tumwater, Washington

"Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present." --Marcus Aurelius

This song is a wonderful reminder of how I got into poetry. A powerful, powerful message of strength that we ALL need at one point or another.   I have to say, my favourite line is "Relight the flame and change the station". That's great. You have such hope in your spirit, and I certainly hope to see more from you :)   (And like Mckay, looking forward to hearing this on the radio someday! :))

swat17 SILVER said...
swat17 SILVER, Mineral, Virginia
TevyRae, you hit it right on the head, that's what the line means. Thank you :)

TevyRae PLATINUM, Pittsfield, Pennsylvania

"Here is a small fact: You are going to die." ~The Book Thief
"You have no stupidity inside of your adorable little self." ~Mikey Pasterik

"Please put that down."  speaking as a person with friends who are serious cutters, this line made a huge impact. its so simple, yet has such caring in it. great job! :D Five Stars!!

MissLizzieGirl GOLD, Arvada, Colorado
It is everything. We all need to remember that we can keep going. Keep our head up never give up.

Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

oh to put this in words? hmmm i got it It was pure genius ion a can and i'm screaming out dnacing around saying your words loving it :3

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

"But you gotta keep your head up, oh,And you can let your hair down, eh.you gotta keep your head up, oh,And you can let your hair down, eh. I know it's hard, know its hard,To remember sometimes,But you gotta keep your head up, oh,And you can let your hair down, eh." You're inspirational. Love your songs. When can I hear them on the radio? 

Helena_Noel BRONZE, Burnt Hills, New York

“I'd rather see a sermon than hear one any day; I'd rather one should walk with me than merely tell the way: The eye's a better pupil and more willing than the ear, fine counsel is confusing, but example's always clear.” -Edgar Guest

Very good! I would love to hear this. As is, i like the way you connected the beginning and the end. I agree with marie that the second verse is stellat, but I also liked the chorus. Great work!

LexusMarie PLATINUM, Las Cruces, New Mexico

The more control you have over yourself, the less control others have over you.

Wow! This was absolutely a joy to read! I would love to hear this being sung. The second stanza(?) was really, really great. Most songs are very mainstream and overdone, but this seemed very original to me. The lyrics were deep and sincere. I caught all the emotion in this very easily. Great job!