Holy One | Teen Ink

Holy One

By BrittaneyPeacock DIAMOND, Houston, Texas
BrittaneyPeacock DIAMOND, Houston, Texas

"Be yourself and never change for no one, If they can't except you for you then don't have them".
"Go after your dreams, do whatever it takes to get there and never let go". "Live life to the fullest cause there is never tomorrow".

I'm thinking of a dream I hear a whisper telling me to get down on my knees and pray to holy one

Beg him please hear my weeps I just can't sleep I'm dreaming a dream that only one can keep that's only one

I go above and beyond to the west to the east but a whispers tells me to get on my knees and pray to holy one

Looking back at all those fun facts I did way back when I am here now even when people said Jesus was whack I look back and say yeah you may say he's whack but I am here where I am because he had my back

I had my ups and downs I struggled I yelled but now I'm here in the prevents of my lord hearing him answer my prayer

I hear a whisper telling me to get down on my knees and pray to the holy one

Yeah I was offered drugs and to have sex but I turned the other way because I took the walk with grace because of my faith in Jesus Christ because he showed me the right way

Yeah I sinned I didn't win I failed him but even with all that every step I took back he was still here having my back

When I came back I said God please forgive me for my past for my sins take my hand pull me up hold me tight never let go because I'm here now because of you I wanna stay here and never go I denied you many times but you were never shy to let me know you were never gone but here that's the power of will

I hear a whisper telling me to get down in my knees and pray to the holy one

I read in the bible as god tells me too I say to you for I gave my one and only son for you so that we wouldn't have to pay the price because my son Jesus Christ did it for you and I

I may win I may lose but either way Jesus is here for me and you it doesn't matter where you come from or the language you speak or even the color of your flesh or wither your gay or straight

Jesus says you are my fathers children so I love you all bad or good now all I say is come walk my way and I'll show you the right way the power of love the will I can do for you and for others I except you now will you except me as your one and only Lord and Savior

I praise you for believing in me I hear your every weep I answer your prayers even in your sleep
Come to me and I will keep for I love you and you love me I can show you all things

I say pray for those in need even those that are weak bring our troops home to stay not to sleep let there be peace between man and man, nation and nation let there be no more war for there are to many that fall daily

Jesus said to me share my word even for those that don't believe in me show them the real truth and I will walk with you through

Show them love and praise them for their good and sit with them even for their bad he says make me glad for I will make for you treasures beyond what you can see or imagine not for here on earth but in my kingdom where I sit watching from above over all that I love

He comforted me in my darkest of needs and even in the brights of my needs for he is king he can do all things remember me for I am your true king your father your savior your one true desire

Share me with others so they can know of me just as you, I love you all good or bad fail or no fail he is here to keep he is our king he heard my weeps and answer my prayers

Now I'm living my dream of dreams with Jesus Christ as my king by my side day or night he is the holy one to you and I now I say goodnight

This poem is about believing in someone that you can't see, touch, hear, putting your faith into someone that is so powerful and willing and that loves you and I despite our weaknesses and fails, he praises us for our good deeds but says do better for those you fail. This poem is a poem everyone can relate too because we all fail, we all sin but Jesus Christ is above them he loves us no matter we do or say, he forgives us as we forgive others for their wrong doings and we for ours. Love him as he has loved you. It's a Christian poem but it is also a poem for those that aren't believers but that are seeking much more something greater than what they know