I Don't Care | Teen Ink

I Don't Care

By Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

Dark clouds and humid air
A look of I-don’t-care
You call and call and call
But I don’t care at all

Yet you leave me breathless
Oh, love, I’m restless
And I can’t wait no more
Just go and close the door

I think I’m old enough to know
That love’s a fickle game
But you think I’ve still got to grow
You are the one to blame
I’ll learn by myself to let go
And carry all this shame

Thin shoulders and peeking bones
Cracked skulls and snake tattoos
You can leave me all alone
I’ll sport my care-free attitude

High tide and amber moon
Pink stars and electric guitar
You leave me scars and wounds
I’ll heal them in this crowded bar

I know I’m old enough to know
When love’s a done deal
Though you think I’ve still got to grow
I’ll have my cake and meal
Watching you fade and go
I’ve learned to never feel

When the day is over
Like the moon you’ll fade away
And over my shoulder
I’ll see your god-like face
Streaked with lovelorn tears
Cause I’ve learned to let go of fear

Now you know that I do know
Love’s a thing no one can understand
There’s not much left for me to grow
Love’s a game, chartless and unplanned
I see you leave and watch you go
Raising your flag on your loveless land

Inspired by "Shades of Cool." Hope you like. I was "venturing" my song lyric "abilities". Probably not my best. But I had fun writing it.

Chloechan BRONZE, Duluth, Georgia
XD i would look forward to it!!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I would hope so! Some day it might be on someone's album or on the radio. Thanks.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I sing like in my car...lol Does that count? I don't, but I've been told endless times to create an account and vlog or write skits and all the jazz. Maybe in the future, not yet.... Thanks for commenting and for the suggestion. :)

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I'd be honored if she sang this. Are you kidding?! :) I envisioned it more as a slow ballad and sang by like a lounge or indie artist. Then again, P!nk does sing ballads occasionally and slays it every time. That would be the dream. Maybe some day in the near future.

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thank you. I appreciate your taking the time to read this.

Chloechan BRONZE, Duluth, Georgia
OuO woah~ that would be a really awesome song~ great job!!!

MysticMusic ELITE, Waterloo, Other

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” -Mae West
"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Fantastic lyrics, and I liked how you just provided imagery for some of the lines. I bet this would make a great song. Do you sing? Or have a YouTube account?

Allen. PLATINUM, Palo Alto, California

[i]No matter how much people try to put you down or make you think other things about yourself, the only person you can trust about who you really are is you[/i] -Crusher-P

Is it alright to say I could imagine P!nk singing this? It seems very loud, in the best of ways. Of course, I listen primarily to Japanese music, so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt if you like.

CaseyChickenWang SILVER, McDonough,

"No one likes half-jinglers! Jingle all the way!" - Shelley McNeight
"You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate." - GSUMUN

I love how naturally your rhyme flows. Vry beautiful. The best part of this poem, I think, is that the sound each word evokes reflects the events in the poem. Well-written

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Awwww...So sorry to hear you broke up with you boyfriend. Hugs all the way from here. (By the way, you should email me; it's been a while.) I love the new name though. Not that I won't miss Krasota. Thank you for reading this piece. 

Carpe-Caffeam GOLD, No Where, Florida

“If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever.” –David Letterman

The imagery is so refreshing in this song. My only suggestions is that in the line "Pink stars and electric guitar," you might want to add an "s" to the end of it to preserve the flow. Loved it overall. :) Oh yeah, this is Krasota...my Teen Ink page underwent a massive face lift after my bf and I broke up. Sorry that I've been amazingly awful at keeping up with anyone at this point. 

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

Thanks so much for reading this. I'm glad you enjoyed this rambling. I felt a little unsure of it; you know, venturing into uncharted lands. But it feels great seeing the positive reponses so far. Thank you. ^u^

JRaye PLATINUM said...
JRaye PLATINUM, Dorr, Michigan

"If you build your house far enough away from Trouble, then Trouble will never find you."

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and said, 'I just don't care.'?"

"You leave me scars and wounds / I'll heal them in this crowded bar" - AMAZING! I love this entire song - It's nice how the title makes you go "Meh, let's see what this is" and it turns out to be a really good song! No predictable repetition, either - wonderful!!!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

thank you for taking the time to read this and share your much appreciated input. :)

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is amazing. Your rhyming is perfect to me. Your poem has a lot emotions, you, and all in all, with amazingness. Thank you for sharing this!

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

It was really hard figuring out this poem. I'm not an avid rhyme-poetry writer. Back in the day, I loved writing sonnets. However, it got to the point where it was extremely hard for me trying to make new rhymes that weren't overused. But challenges are always good. It's just a matter of enduring a lot of frustration and anxiety. And then, lots of editing. This poem isn't completely what I want it to be. But for right now, I'll leave it as is. Thanks for reading. I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment. 

nithyaswaminathan BRONZE, Pleasanton, California
whenever I try to rhyme, it turns out tacky and meaningless...how did you manage to rhyme without disrupting the mood of the poem?! great job.