An Iced Valentine's | Teen Ink

An Iced Valentine's

February 10, 2010
By Elizabeth-Martin PLATINUM, Georgetown, Massachusetts
Elizabeth-Martin PLATINUM, Georgetown, Massachusetts
21 articles 1 photo 22 comments

Favorite Quote:
When life gives me a reason to cry, I'll show life that I have 1000 reasons to smile.


She sits there on a special day, which with loneliness comes grieve.
She’s wishing he could take her hand, and stay and never leave.
The movie plays, the romance lasts, as she sits and misses him.
She’s wishing that she’d hear a knock, but she knows the chances are slim.
When suddenly, she hears a ring, and she jumps to grab the phone.
When she says “Hello?” she hears his voice, but oh, she should have known.
He didn’t call to proclaim his love, or say without her he would die.
He called to say he was bored at home, and if she’d mind if he stopped by.
She feels a tear run down her cheek, but manages to say “Alright.”
She then hangs up, hits play again, and wraps her blankets tight.
A knock on the door, and the sound of his feet, made her turn when he sat down.
His captivating eyes smiled at her, as she looked at the beautiful brown.
He hung his arm around her shoulder, in only a friendly way.
They sat together on the couch with chips, and that’s how they spent Valentine’s Day.
On his way home, it was getting dark, and ice still covered the road.
When her phone rang again, she didn’t know that her whole life was about to explode.
The caller said, “There’s something wrong. But this man we found must know you well.
We’re sorry to say that he died just now, and he had some things he was trying to tell.”
“He mentioned your name and mentioned his heart, but his car slipped on ice just now.
He’s not with us now, but you’re in his heart, if you come here, I’ll show you how.”
“I can show you how he cared more for you, than he did to watch the street.
He was writing to you, this letter of love, which you’ll see is very sweet.”
The girl was crying, her heart had tears, as she grabbed her keys and went.
She saw the scene, and she saw her love, and she told him what she meant.
She held him in her arms that night, and she told him every word.
She told of her love, and of her feelings for him, that she wishes he could have heard.
She said “I love you, and I’m sorry for this. I wish I could make it better.
I wish you were here, I wish you waited, to write to me, my letter.”
The letter she received, said only this, “My love, you are my life.
Soon, someday, I’ll find a way, to make you my loving wife.
Today was Valentines, and in my heart, you were always my amazing star.
I’ll always love you, no matter what, forever and wherever you are.
Tonight when I get home in bed, I’ll tie this letter with a bow.
I’ll give it to you tomorrow, so that you will always know.
You will always know that I have loved you, from the first day up till now.
And I was never able to show my love, but this is my way how.
The love we share, through hidden words, was decided by our own fate.”
She cries and holds him, and holds his hand, and knows that words should never wait.


The author's comments:
Love is very hard to express sometimes, and some people hold back. if you hold back your feelings for too long, it may be too late. Words can't ever wait.