Malice | Teen Ink

Malice

By SideraCaeli GOLD, Marysville, Washington
SideraCaeli GOLD, Marysville, Washington

“Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” -John Jakes.

If I'm going to tell you all the wrong
I will do it thouroughly
I'll speak of all the malicious ways
I am hurt irrefutably.

The regret buries me deep
With no oxygen to hold
I can't find my way out
Of all the lies you told

I'll speak of the wonderful words
You told me in the night
With a tinge of pretense
I wouldn't dare to fight

I'll repeat this friendship
With a quick review and a smile
Because we were still true
Even for a little while

I'll see you when I'm sleeping
And when my conscious is astir
Even tainted with regret
I'll remember the dream pure

Dawn is approaching quickly
So I must say goodbye
Because reality is cruel
And I can't live this lie

All my work is a part of me. It's all things that are true to my heart. I hope that if people are having difficulties within their own life, that something in my work will help in some way or another. That it will change their perspective on everything.

StormyxD SILVER, Winter Park, Florida

"Late at night my mind would come alive with voices and stories and friends as dear to me as any in the real world. I gave myself up to it, longing for transformation." - Jo March, Little Women

First of all, irrefutably is an awesome word; had to get that off my chest.

And when my conscious is astir even tainted with regret I'll remember the dream pure.

I don't know for sure what that means to you, but my interpretation is that even though bad things have happened, your trying not to let that infect the good times. I think that's an important lesson in life that isn't easy to overcome and I'm glad you wrote that because I've never thought much about it but it's something we all go through.

Your poem kicks serious poetic butt. I hope you keep writing, I like your style.

taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

The truth is that at some point, everyone's going to hurt you. You just have to decide who's worth the pain.

Some say having something to lose is what makes you vulnerable. I believe that having something to lose only makes you stronger.

This is beautiful.

Very well written :)