The Stranger | Teen Ink

The Stranger

By RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

"Those who deny the darkness in their hearts, are the ones who fall deeper into it."

While making a hard choice,
I heard The Stranger's voice.

As I relaxed in the grass,
I noticed The Stranger pass.

I went out to go stargazing,
and saw The Stranger walking.

I woke up one day to my reflection,
to see The Stranger facing my direction.

Why'd it take so long for me to see,
That The Stranger was actually me?

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

I don't even know you and you make me smile/laugh more than anyone else has in a long time. Thank you. Now our eyes O.O look the same. :) It's not a noble thing. It's the right thing to do. So much darkness consumes this world. there needs to be people willing to take it and lead the way to the light. We're just doing what we're meant to do and what we're good at. Helping people. Saving them from themself. Taking them to the light and showing them a world they deserve. Our pain is our pain, but their pain is our pain to. We're the unspoken soldiers. You don't need to respect me for my honestly, cause we are more alike than you think. Believe me, you have a purpose to and that purpose is greater than most. I believe in you and all this is true cause you believe in me. I promise you are more than what you see. All you've got to do is keep your eyes O.O wide open. :P

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

So very true! Once again you opened up my eyes like this O_O XD lol happy now?! lol Anyways, That's what I meant in some way, when I said that all the pain fades away "figurative speech" Not really disappears but to know that through my struggle i can be able to help people out of the darkness (like you said) it kind of makes the pain easier to be handled... I so love what you said here :" The pain is the key to redemption, the ability to save" Honestly RyanM. I don't know what to say exept I simply admire and respect you for this nobel act, not everyone can say that and really mean it. It's like you're letting yourself in the darkness so you can help others...This is such a Nobel act. So for a countless time thank you so very much for the inspiration and especially for your honesty. There look O_O they are Wide open :) :P lol

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

*pour (sorry)

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

That emoticon has closed eyes. Just saying. lol XD I know exactly what you mean. We poor our souls into our poetry. If someone can be helped by them, if someone can understand them, and if they are able to change for the best because of them. That means we aren't as lost as we think. I see my self in the shadows and staying there, but not in pain. I see my self as the one with the torch to show people the way out of the darkness. Then to go back in and save another. That's our mission in life. To reside in the pain, but make that pain the key to redemption. The ability to save.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Exactly! You are so right. When i write a poem, my highest goal is to reach people's hearts, leave an impact on them and in one way or an other help them out. I kind of hope that every reader sees his/herself through my writing in its own way ( I don't know if I'm making sense here ) This only to say that my biggest and deepest hope when witing a poem is to make a change cuz even if i'm writing about my depression, the fact that I helped and inspired and made a change (no matter how small) just makes all the pain fade away. That's what I love and so admire poetry (or words in general) for. Thanks again for the inspiration. I can never get enough of your amazing talent which always opens up my eyes ^_^

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

We all have such amazing talents here. I don't want to be recognized or them. I want my poems to be recognized for their meaning. The mission that the words you see are carrying out. The goal to help someone in a way nothing else can. So as long as people keep registering that. I'll never stop writing. 

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Wow RyanM. This is so deep, meaningful and so true... i can connect to it in so many ways. As we grow up, we tend to turn to people we didn't want to be, so when facing the mirror we eventually don't recognize ourselves. That's how i see your poem. It's like a confession. It is so poetic and marvelously wonderful ^_^ I really meant it! I truly believe you have the talent to put on lots of feelings and emotions only in a little sonnet like this. So keep it up and let the world be amazed by your poems ;) Thanks for sharing this

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

meant *now  

RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

I know exactly what you meant. When I was that kid wearing the hood, hiding his face.. the laugh that stood out to me the most was so depressing. I know realize that laugh was my own. I was my own worse enemy and still am. I am my harshest critic, but now I've learned to let it go. Just live and forget the societal push to be "normal". I've decided to just be me, so just be you. :)

Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

Ryan, bro, dude, I love this. While short it speaks volumes, and it amazes me when poets can create somehting like that. This poem reminds me of a time I was super depressed, and there was this voice in my head always laughing when I screwed up. Later I realized that voice belonged to me. I'm not really sure where I was going with that but your poem just reminded me of it, hahah. Keep writin', love ;)

on Sep. 5 2014 at 12:06 am
RyanM. PLATINUM, Klamath Falls, Oregon

I'm glad that you'ev connected to another one of my poems. I always try to harness the negative in me to make a positive. I just wish adn hope for my work to inspire others, to console others. Cause if someone can at least read this and feel less alone in the world... that'll mean I accomplished my dream. So I'm really glad that mydreams reach you on that level.

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

I don't know if you were reading my mind somehow, or what. I was thinking of how I'm a stranger to myself, or I used to feel. I was thinking of posting the poem, about me being a stranger to myself. I love this. This is amazing. I could connect to one of your poems, again. I was there, if that makes sense. I think all I can say, is that it's amazing. Full of emotion and talentedly written, as always. Thank you for sharing this.